Some more debconf queries

OK, last time I was asking about editing conffiles in-place.  Let's
assume that I do.  Then, there are some issues:

 * If my debconf scripts edit a conffile, will the user be presented
   with a "replace this conffile" prompt at each upgrade?
   If so, how can we work around this?  Will the user know what to do?

 * What happens if the user says 'yes' to replace the file?  Does
   debconf get rerun so that it can re-edit it with the values
   from the database?

 * And what if the user says 'no' but the file really has changed?
   Debconf scripts might expect a different format/file/whatever.

-- John