Re: Please adopt these programs

> On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 04:25:43PM -0500, Jim Studt wrote:
> > I'm currently finishing a package for editline which is not libedit
> > but provides some readline type functionality in a very small
> > footprint. ~20kB.  Nice for space constrained systems.
>
> Rich Salz's?  I looked at it a year ago.  The code looked so braindead (of
> course, I might have seen it wrong) that I did not feel like trying it.
>
> And, of course, it implements a very small subset of the Readline API.

Yes, it is Rich Salz's from 1992-3.  It has recall, history searching
(although not incremental.  there are patches for that elsewhere I may
integrate), file completiton, and command line editting.  It does not
have the configurability of readline.

For people who must fit their entire system into a 1MB flash ROM
a 200+kb readline is difficult to justify. 20k is hard to resist.

--
                                     Jim Studt, President
                                     The Federated Software Group, Inc.