Re: FW: new email virus

Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 10:02:53AM -0400, Alex Goldman wrote:
> > HONG KONG (AP) -- A computer virus spread by e-mail messages titled
> > ``ILOVEYOU'' infected Asian and European computers today, apparently hitting
> > public relations firms and investment banks in Asia particularly hard.
>
> Could anyone please tell me why this is posted here except for amusement of
> course? ILOVEYOU is a Visual Basic worm, so we do not look vulnerable. :-)

Strictly speaking it is spam but I would forgive the chap as his intentions
were good.
OTOH, it could hit you if you were running vmware+winxx on your debian box.
also a lot of us are running or taking care of mixed herd of boxen.
Cheers.
--
lauri.tischler@iki.fi * vaan olkoon teidän puheenne 'on,on' tahi 'ei,ei' *
                      * mitä siihen lisätään on pahasta.    Matteus 5:37 *