Re: Packaging Question

SCOTT FENTON <sj12fn@home.com> wrote:
>Hello all. I have just started a proj over at Sourceforge
>(http://comp-hist.sourceforge.net) and I am thinking of making a deb
>package when it develops a little. However, the problem is that it's end
>product is just a postscript file, albeit a very complex one. So, how
>would I go about packaging this?

I'd consider it a documentation package, so just have debian/rules
install it into debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/$packagename. If you're using
debhelper then adding a debian/docs file with the name of the PostScript
file and ensuring you call dh_installdocs in the binary rule is probably
about all you need to do.

(BTW, this should really go to debian-mentors.)