Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Marc Haber wrote:

> >No, one example: The last upload for lynx was on Feb 4. There's a
> >"critical" bug since Feb 28 that there are buffer overflows in lynx
> >(there will be a new upload of lynx soon). That's much more than five
> >days. The same could happen with other packages.
>
> lynx isn't what I'd call a critital package. And I doubt that a badly
> broken libc would last more than a few days.

I didn't talk about a critical package but about a critical bug:

critical    makes unrelated software on the system (or the whole
            system) break,
            or causes serious data loss, or introduces a security hole on
            systems where you install the package.

This bug report (#59191) was about buffer overflows in lynx.

> Greetings
> Marc

cu,
Adrian