Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

>>"Anthony" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

 Anthony> Why must we go for shorter releases? Why is it so important? Why is a
 Anthony> release once a year or so not okay?

	Perhaps since our distribtuiotn has been variously
 characterized as having Obsolete, Boring, and Broken flavours? I know
 I am losing converts at work, since I can't honestly advocate Debian
 servers, since teh CD's we have of Debian are ancient, and Mandrake
 7.X CD's are far more, umm, current.

        I think we can bring our users, even those who are not
 constantly upgrading to teh bleeding edge, a distributin that stays
 more current without compromising technical quality.

       Do you think I am mistaken?

       manoj
--
 Always draw your curves, then plot your reading.