Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 02:11:51PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 07:46:16PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

[Mass installs]
> > People who do this won't feel obliged to upgrade simply because they
> > have released - but they may well find it annoying not to be able to use
> > new hardware.

> The problem with this is that if they don't upgrade to the latest stable
> they won't get any security updates.

If you run a system that big, you really ought to be able to cope if you
choose to (although it probably doesn't help much and people will have
to consider this when selecting a distro).

In any case, complaining about our slow release cycle doesn't do much to
address the problem ;-) .

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/