xlib6g (was: Splitting isdnutils & co. into non-X and X parts)

"W. Borgert" <debacle@knorke.in-berlin.de> writes:

> Nevertheless, I think that it's no so nice, that a lot of
> typical non-X packages or packages that I like to have on
> non-X machines (e.g. aalib1, bb, cdrdao, emacs20, gnokii,
> mtools, tetex-bin, ...) depend on the relatively large
> xlib6g package.

Probably because having to maintain two versions of these packages
would be too much hassle for too little gain (i.e. small gains for a
minority).

> I work console-only 99% of the time and have one machine, where
> xlib6g/xfree86-common (size 4492K) is only installed because of
> mtools (size 311K).

Perhaps trimming xlib6g somewhat could help? As I see it this package
is just the libs for X clients. So why does it include the xkb stuff
(1 MB)? And why force the documentation-part of xfree86-common on
people (340 kB)? Too small savings?

--
Robbe