tcl module installation

I maintain a library package, rrdtool, which recently started shipping
tcl bindings in the upstream distribution.  I'm not very familiar with tcl,
so I'm looking for some pointers to the correct way to install them.

- How should the package be named?  I see some libtcl-*, some *-tcl,
  some tcl*
- Where should tcl loadable modules be installed?
- Do they require anything besides the .so to work?
- Do I need to register them with the tcl interpreter somehow?
- Should I build-depend on tcl-dev or a specific version?
- Should I depend on tcl somehow?  Which package?  The module itself doesn't
  link to any tcl libraries.
- Is there a tcl policy somewhere that addresses these questions?

Thanks...

--
 - mdz