Must cardctl and cardinfo use only by root?

Hi,

Using pcmcia-cs 3.1.14 (in woody. Maybe 3.1.8 in potato has same
problem), I found a simple question.

Why cardctl and cardinfo allow me to only use "show", "config", "ident" ?

cardctl and cardinfo setted root u+s, but they don't work as expected.

The manual of cardctl says,
  If cardctl is executed by root, all  commands  are  avail-
  able.   If  it  is executed by an unpriviledged user, only
  the informational commands are accessible.

Is this a bug or specification? (Or my environment is broken?)

Of cource normal user can eject and insert by hand, but it sometimes
cause kernel hang-up... (I repeated to insert and eject Corega
EtherCard, then kernel-2.2.14 hang up.)

I think normal user can use all of command by cardctl or cardinfo. It
looks safe way.
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org