Re: Looking for help using libtool

Josip Rodin proclaimed:
> You don't need libtool to build so libs, just different linker line.
> E.g.:
>
> gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,libwhatever.so.0 -o libwhatever.so.0.0.0 $(OBJS)
>
> Of course, replace whatever and the numbers with the corresponding data from
> your library. $(OBJS) is the list of all object files (*.o), YMMV.

I have the same question that Borgert asked.  The relevant lines in my
Makefile look like:

$(OUTPUT): $(OBJS)
    ar rc $(OUTPUT) $(OBJS)
    ranlib $(OUTPUT)

The above produces libquicktime.a

How would I find out the correct .so "major" and "minor" numbers (if that
*is* the right terminology) if I were to create dynamic libraries as you'd
mentioned?  Also, how do I create the libquicktime.la?

Thanks.

Thaths
--
Lisa:  "Dad. You killed the zombie Flanders."
Homer: "He was a Zombie?"