Re: OT to Debian [Was: RFC/ITP: Constitution of Finland]
- To: Fabrizio Polacco <email@example.com>
- Cc: Debian Developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: OT to Debian [Was: RFC/ITP: Constitution of Finland]
- From: Bob Hilliard <email@example.com>
- Date: 20 Apr 2000 14:04:32 -0400
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Fabrizio Polacco's message of Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:26:25 +0300
- References: <38FAA775.C3C7CBF@efore.fi> <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000418162941.12874Aemail@example.com> <20000418182207.A19701@simpukka.sci.fi> <20000418185012.C9315@hell.rassun.art.pl> <20000418202723.J26564@gaia.pp.sci.fi> <20000419101520.A1028@hell.rassun.art.pl> <20000419114744.C586@cibalia.gkvk.hr> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20000419234452.B18264@bigfoot.com> <20000420172625.B549@none>
Fabrizio Polacco <email@example.com> writes:
> The need of putting the "data" at the distribution level, comes from the
> different "scope" of the "data".
> What would be the purpose of "freezing" the bible?
It is possible that, at some time, the one or both of the binary
programs in the bible-kjv package would be rewritten to use a
different format. This would require that the bible-kjv-text package
be updated to the new format. In such cases data files that are
formatted for a specialized access program have some of the
characteristics of binaries.
> What would be the utility of not permitting new entry in the package
> "weekly-news" for the 3 or 4 months of the freeze?
Is there a package "weekly-news"? I can't locate it. If there
were such a package, it would be pointless to freeze it.
|_) _ |_ Robert D. Hilliard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|_) (_) |_) Palm City, FL USA PGP Key ID: A8E40EB9