Re: Pgcc in Deb

I really don't want to see pcc optimized code in debian for a few reasons:
1. I don't own one and will not for a while now.
2. there's really no need as pointed out by other people
3. If you have optimized instructions you really can't run anything if you
have processor-1 or whatever and you get screwed.

All of these issues touch on backwards compatability.

If people want optimization then allow for *optional* packages that would
give optimization for various archietures and allow for the rest of the
stuff to be backwards compatable.