Re: please stop!!

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 07:20:47AM -0400, Huneycutt, Doug wrote:
> All,
>     I'd like to point out that "Tim" is obviously not a developer, probably
> not a Linux enthusiast, and in all liklihood not a techie.  His original
> response to my explanation was that he'd have "his Unix guy" look into
> things ... more of a management answer than a techie approach.
>     He is probably receiving copies of e-mail that folks post to the list
> via a "reply all" command, rather than only to the list.  I've had the same
> problem when I start a thread and get multiple copies of responses (direct
> and posts).

Set up a mail filter which only keeps one copy of such mails.  In
mailagent, there is the UNIQUE command which does precisely this.
Don't know about other systems, though.

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
        Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://www.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/