Re: i386->powerpc cross compiler

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 04:27:22PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> I was actually thinking about creating one myself, but I cannot promise
> when that will be, it might be tomorrow or in one month. To be frank, I
> may need this for my work (though not embedded-oriented), but things are
> a bit vague so far. Still, I too think it would be nice to have and I
> actually think of having a whole series of cross-compilers from and to
> each and every debian platform available. (section: cross-compilers?)

Is it necessary? That's 56 packages (8 architectures x 7), a lot
of disk space on mirrors. We currently have two in the archive.
Why create 53 packages if no one's interested in them? I have no
objections to the creation of a new package if someone's interested,
but I'd prefer not to see many large packages created if no one's going
to use them.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with