New autofs maintainer, several bugs fixed, please test
I have taken over maintainership of autofs from Justin, at his request. I
have acknowledged 8 nmu fixed bugs, closed 14 normal bugs, 1 wishlist bug, and
reassigned 1 bug to mount. There was also one bug closed by a previous nmu
upload, that was overlooked(54701). All in all, autofs now has 7 open normal
bugs, and 1 open wishlist bug.
I would like some people to test it out for me, before I upload it to
woody. If all goes well, I would like to have this also included into potato,
as one of the bugs(a race condition) is now fixed.
Here is the autofs_3.1.4-1_i386.changes file.:
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 01:19:21 -0500
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Adam Heath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
autofs - A kernel-based automounter for Linux.
Closes: 21567 34576 38200 40032 41876 42945 43633 44366 44586 44767 46638 47471 52132 52716 53237 54788 54859 55066 56316 57347 60542
autofs (3.1.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer.
* Acknowledge nmu fixed bugs. Closes: #34576, #38200, #44366, #46638,
#52716, #55066, #56316, #57347.
* Add -r(--no-restart-on-upgrade). Closes: #54859.
* Depends on procps. Closes: #53237.
* Bugs fixed upstream in 3.1.4:
* Arguments not passed to forked process, because of strtok. Closes:
* Uses upstream init script, as it supports debian. Closes: #42945,
* Applied slightly modified version of patch from bug report, to pass ro
option to fsck.ext2. Closes: #43633.
* Fix race condition during unmount. Closes: #52132.
* Conflicts with samba <= 2.0.6, as that version is needed to be used by
mount_generic. Closes: #54788.
* If /etc/auto.master exists, don't use nis. You can add +auto.master to
to /etc/auto.master if you want to combine nis and a local mapping.
Also set the type to yp in getmounts(). Closes: #40032, 41008, #57225.
* The upstream init script does not do module probing, as the old init
script used to. I don't feel it is this pkg's domain to do a modprobe.
* Check to see if the directory already exists, before attempting to make
it ourselves. Closes: #21567.
* Reassign bug #31251, which deals with mounting a directory from multiple
hosts to mount.
* Make /mnt/amnt during configure, and remove when purging.
* Modify upstream init script to support force-reload.
* Linitian clean.
3814432f9a694086194f00f38ba8a227 268 utils extra autofs_3.1.4-1.dsc
c8f1859e553e41b20f2878656dbdc5bc 58891 utils extra autofs_3.1.4.orig.tar.gz
79e19d0e7efcadd2623a98599c371ada 6603 utils extra autofs_3.1.4-1.diff.gz
fbe4e74d8f655852871b8d2991b76849 51090 utils extra autofs_3.1.4-1_i386.deb
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----
GCS d- s: a-- c+++ UL++++ P+ L++++ !E W+ M o+ K- W--- !O M- !V PS--
PE++ Y+ PGP++ t* 5++ X+ tv b+ D++ G e h*! !r z?
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
----BEGIN PGP INFO----
Adam Heath <email@example.com> Finger Print | KeyID
67 01 42 93 CA 37 FB 1E 63 C9 80 1D 08 CF 84 0A | DE656B05 PGP
AD46 C888 F587 F8A3 A6DA 3261 8A2C 7DC2 8BD4 A489 | 8BD4A489 GPG
-----END PGP INFO-----