Re: Strange C behaviour

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 10:22:13PM +1000, Mikolaj J. Habryn wrote:
>   To put it another way, the C standard explicitly states that passing
> an array as an argument causes it to decompose into a pointer to the
> base of the array - meaning that f(array, &array) is exactly
> equivalent to f(&array, &array).

Now that info really helps me. Thanks. In fact I only found this when
someone send me a bug report for my embedded SQL preprocessor ECPG. I
couldn't figure out what went wrong in my program and now it seems that the
embedded SQL file does use that feature and the precompiler does not know it
at all. Geez, I'm afraid the precompiler will never learn this unless I
write a complete C parser.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!