Re: RC-bugs, horizons and all that...

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 03:56:48PM +0200, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> The problem arises because bugs which are considered release-critical
> in important packages get shifted towards the end of the release-cycle and
> even beyond it because some developers think their package is so important
> it won't be removed anyways.

I don't think this is the case.  Currently we have only a handful of
release-critical bugs that are more than three weeks old.

We do have more than a hundred that are *less* than three weeks old!
Where do they all come from?

> The suggestion is therefore for a future release manager to actually
> remove *any* package that has had a release-critical bug for more than
> three months, even if that package is called glibc.  No, I am not talking
> about the frozen dist but about the unstable dist.  This way we also
> encourage NMUs from people who get into dependency problems and such.

Currently we don't have any packages in potato that would have been
removed under this rule.

Richard Braakman