Re: ITP IIRC IMHO and more

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 03:42:40PM +0200, Joost Claessen wrote:
> Helo ppl,
>
> I've been on debian-devel for a time and I've seen a lot of
> "shortified messages" (i don't no the english word for it
> I only in dutch it is "afkortingen" and don't have a english
> dictionairy at hand) like ITP, IMHO and more.
>
> I found out that ITP stands for Intend To Package, but for the
> others usually don't have a clue what they mean. Is there
> somewhere a webpage or something where I can find out what they
> mean?

Install the jargon package and you can do things like this:

jargon IMHO

and get this:

:IMHO: // /abbrev./  [from SF fandom via Usenet; abbreviation for
   `In My Humble Opinion'] "IMHO, mixed-case C names should be
   avoided, as mistyping something in the wrong case can cause
   hard-to-detect errors -- and they look too Pascalish anyhow."
   Also seen in variant forms such as IMNSHO (In My Not-So-Humble
   Opinion) and IMAO (In My Arrogant Opinion).

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '