Re: [PROPOSAL] update-binfmts - manages the binfmt_misc kernel module

On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 04:36:00PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> 3) Where should this go? The obvious place is dpkg, but am I being too
>    arrogant there? It feels too small for its own package, though.

I like the idea, but I think it should go in its own package, like
menu. For one thing, a lot of admins may not like the arbitrary
enabling of executable formats in the kernel. This is true especially
in its experimental phase (sort of like debconf is now.)

David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with
square brackets. But that's what mathematicians are.
   -- Dr. Burchard, math professor at OSU