Re: Signing Packages.gz

On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 01:36:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Also, what's so fundamentally wrong with transferring a secret key over
> the net? Hint: PGP does it every time you send an encrypted email.

    Either you are using the phrase "secret key" in a context with
which I am unfamiliar, or you do not understand PGP.  PGP/GPG does not
transfer your secret key component when encrypting a message to
another.  It is possible to encrypt a message to someone else's public
key without *having* a secret key of your own in the first place.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.