Re: Packages removed from potato

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Richard Braakman wrote:

> Package: smail (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Soenke Lange <soenke@escher.north.de>
> [HELP] Mail to Soenke bounced.
>   59135 smail: Smail doesn't work with the latest libraries

Has anybody been able to reproduce this bug? I have been running smail
from xinetd for ages and I have never seen the behavior described in the
bug report.

I am running current potato, which includes:

ii  smail               3.2.0.102-2         Electronic mail transport system.
ii  libc6               2.1.3-7             GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data
ii  libident            0.22-2              simple RFC1413 client library - runtime
ii  libwrap0            7.6-4               Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
ii  cron                3.0pl1-56           management of regular background processing
ii  util-linux          2.10f-3             Miscellaneous system utilities.

If nobody can reproduce the bug, I'd say it can be downgraded to 'fixed'.

To the submitter: can you reproduce the bug with current potato packages?

Remco
--
rd1936:   9:15pm  up 10 days,  2:35,  8 users,  load average: 1.32, 1.31, 1.23