Re: RBL report..

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 02:31:50PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Larry Gilbert wrote:
>
> > Why is murphy.debian.org not adding a "Received:" header to show where
> > messages are originating?  This information is useful when trying to
> > track down actual spammers.  Is this being deliberately omitted or does
> > qmail just normally not include this info?
>
> This is deliberately removed, we had some problems a year or so ago with
> the received lines getting too long for some mailers. We are looking at
> putting them back.

Couldn't the original Received: headers be renamed to X-Received: (or
something like that; although I could figure out how to make that
happen with formail I don't know my mail headers well enough to know
if X-Received is already used by something else).

--
Nathan Norman         "Eschew Obfuscation"          Network Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7            http://home.midco.net/~nnorman/