Re: Potato - update-alternatives (Ian Jackson) and window managers - doubt (and Slink to Potato Success)

robbe@orcus.priv.at (Robert Bihlmeyer) wrote:
>Taupter <taupter@baydenet.com.br> writes:
>> Yes I did read the man 8 update-alternatives, but it was a bit confusing
>> to me (as I think it is a bit confusing to anyone but the man writer aka
>> Ian Jackson), since it was not sufficiently explanatory (at least to me.
>> Shame on me...).
>
>I agree. Trial-and-error helps.

I find 'update-alternatives --help' more useful, myself. It's mainly
intended for developers, though - I only used it when I wanted to fix
broken man page links in various packages.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]