Re: blue on black is unreadable

On 21-Mar-00, 20:06 (CST), Peter Cordes <peter@llama.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
>  The Linux text console is readable (barely), but xterm uses and even worse
> colour for ANSI blue.  (assuming black background).  The fix for this
> is to change the colour used by xterm for ANSI blue, instead of changing all
> apps to use a different ANSI colour escape code.

That's a neat trick for xterms, but since even you admit that
blue-on-black is only "barely" readable on the text console, wouldn't it
be better to just not have default configurations use blue-on-black? (It
shouldn't be a matter of changing apps, only default configs.)

If you're setting up a default color scheme for an app, the basic "rule"
is to use light colored text on dark backgrounds, and dark colored text
on light backgrounds. The only other thing you need to know is that
neither red nor blue are "light" colors.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read