Re: 5 days till Bug Horizon

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 10:50:03 +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> The packages involved are fetchmail, g++, gpm, kernel-image-2.2.14-ide
> (do we really need it?  I assumed it's needed for the bootfloppies),
> and perl-5.005.

> Package: g++ (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
> [HELP] For gcc/g++ bug reports to be sent to the upstream maintainers,
> certain procedures must be followed, so help from clueful people is required
>   48530 g++ [fixed in 2.96 CVS Feb 2000] [alpha]: internal compiler error building open-amulet
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
>   55291 [alpha] g++ causes internal compiler error compiling hatman

Both of these are on Alpha only, and can be worked around by compiling the
packages involved with lower optimisation settings. We should consider
lowering these to 'normal'.

> Package: gcc (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
>   59819 gcc_2.95.2-7(frozen): fails to compile itself on m68k

This one is more worrying.

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would