Re: Potato and a half?

Potato + .5 sounds like a good idea to me!  Right
now I don't want to wait a single day more for the new

Debian release.  IMHO the release cycle is way to
slow, I would like to see more frequent updates.

On some newer machines I had to install Red Hat, since

slink was too backlevel, and I had not even known that
there was a slink+.5 --  It is carefully not mentioned
anywhere on the Debian site...

I really like Debian, both for technical and
philosophical reasons, but when it gets behind more
than a year behind up to date versions, and doesn't
support important hardware, that's unacceptable.
(And no, I don't want to roll my own kernel from the
source -- I do this for experimental boards, but the
beauty of distributions is that I don't have to
worry about interaction testing for my "regular"
machines...)

Roll out potato ASAP, and follow with an upgrade which
does the new kernel, X, and apache as soon as they are
out.