Re: sendmail M4 to run DNS based spam filters per RCPT

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 08:34:12PM -0500, Elie Rosenblum wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 01:04:48AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Scott Jennings wrote:
> > > I've written an M4 file for sendmail 3.9.3, and packaged it up as
> > > a debian package.
> >
> > Doesn't sendmail 8.10 already have something similar?
>
> It supports arbitrary DNS blacklists, and it has this feature:
>         CONFIG: FEATURE(`delay_checks') delays check_mail and check_relay
>                 after check_rcpt and allows for exceptions from the checks.
>
> It does not, however, let you only move dnsbl's to post-rcpt, and it
> does not let you configure it on a per-user basis.

Configuration on a per-user basis is the main purpose of this hack.  On our
network, user <abuse@oro.net> needs to be able to get mail from all sites, even
black-listed sites.  Also, certain other subscribers need to get business mail
from sites that refuse to repair their servers (e.g. best.com).

Bill Jennings
Oronet

(Scott's brother)