Re: Embedded(/RT) Debian? Embeddian GNU/Linux?

Hi, ive been hanging around boot-floppies for a while, and am interested
in minimum debian systems.

I think what your trying to do could well cover a lot of ground
boot-floppies tries to cover, if your not familiar with how the debian
boot floppies work, you may get a bit out of it, i love the mklibs.sh
script to minimise libraries.

I think the way boot floppies current work leaves a fair way for
improvements, and after potato stabilises i believe boot-floppies will
become much more modular and hopefully closer to what you are looking
for.

I think a worthy challenge for debian is to get smaller as well as
bigger.

I was thinking today it would be great if there was some way to create a
split debian package, like a normal package could be split into the
necessary binaries, and config files in one package, and docs etc in a
seperate package, this way you could install one part, then later
install the other part and have it recognise the whole normal deb
installed

Im trying to get into frame buffers at the moment

Ill checkout what youve got so far, maybe i can help you out... or learn
something.

Thanks

Glenn McGrath