Re: The nature of unstable (was: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 08:41:01PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 15-Mar-00, 01:06 (CST), Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> > DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.
> >
> > your "argument" for want of a better term is obviously so poor that you
> > have no choice but to misrepresent mine to make your "points".
>
> Hmm, it's ok for you to "misrepresent" other people's arguments, but not
> the other way around, as follows:
>
> > so why do you have a problem with infrastructure (i.e. package pools in
> > one form or another) which makes it easier to build a snapshot image?
> >
> > do you have some kind of aversion to automating tedious and
> > time-consuming tasks?
>
> DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

notice that i asked questions. it up to you to confirm or deny or ignore
a question. it implicitly gives you the opportunity to accept or refute
the query, without a prejudgement of the situation.

what you did was quite different. you came up with a reprehensible
misinterpretation of what i said and what my views are, and then
projected it onto me. you *stated* that your offensive misrepresentation
was my position.

do you comprehend the difference?

> your "argument" for want of a better term is obviously so poor that you
> have no choice but to misrepresent mine to make your "points".
>
> (And you *are* mispresenting my point, because you completely ignored
> the next paragraph where I spoke favorably about package pools.)

no, i stated that you made no points.

that was a) true, and b) nothing like deliberately misrepresenting your
points.

> > and fuck you too! how dare you fucking misrepresent my position and
> > twist what i said in such a reprehensible manner?
>
> Why not? You do it to everybody else.

fuck off, lying scum.

> In the meantime, <plonk!>

"plonk" your fucking self.  arsehole.