Permission policy

I need some advice to solve a recent bug report regarding a
frozen package.

The program needs rx-permissions for a device belonging to the
cdrom group and rw-permissions for a device belonging to the
audio group. Until now the program is sgid cdrom to work
correctly with the cdrom-device without changing the permissions
for that device but I do not see a simple solution for the
audio access without making the audio device world readable
and writeable which is certainly a violation of the policy.

Any ideas?

Best wishes
		Volker
Volker Ossenkopf    KOSMA (Kölner Observatorium für submm-Astronomie)
Tel.: 0221 4703485                    1. Physikalisches Institut der
Fax.: 0221 4705162                               Universität zu Köln
E-Mail: ossk@zeus.ph1.uni-koeln.de