Re: Availability of "unstable/interim" CDs (Was: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

"Moore, Paul" wrote:
> I disagree. The approach taken by slink was sensible. Have 2.0 as the base,
> because it was QA'd to the high standards required by Debian, but include
> the latest 2.2 source package for people willing to upgrade. Adding a bit
> more support, in the form of including the equivalent of the "Using Kernel
> 2.2 with Slink" webpage on the CD, and including (in a separate directory)
> debs for the relevant "unstable" versions of packages which need upgrading,
> would be enough.

How about make a new source that is just the new kernel + it's
requirements?  It would have been a lot easier to do 2.2 upgrades if we
could have just added
deb http:/www.debian.org/~slink22 kernel22-update main
to /etc/apt/sources.list to do the upgrade.

It seems to work well for the 3.3.x packages vincent maintains for
slink.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.