Re: (Re)build a Debian package

This is a message for debian-mentors mailing list, please use that one.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 12:07:07PM +0100, SOETE Joël wrote:
> In this last directory I try to launch dpkg --build ... which failled
> because it did not find DEBIAN/control file (which stand in debian/control)

You can't build the packages just like that, the control file has to exist,
you need dpkg-gencontrol or equivalent... better run:
	fakeroot debian/rules binary

> I download and study all packaging documentation (also Debian policy) and
> try to find a FAQ but nothing to clarify my mind as a case study procedure
> for instance. Can you help me?

Try reading the Packaging Manual, and the New Maintainers' Guide, found
at http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/packaging.html/ and
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/, respectively.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name