Re: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

Josip Rodin (joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr) wrote:

> Slink is called `stable' for a reason. It's not obsolete for people who
> just want a stable distribution.
>
> Of course, it is obsolete for people who want a nice GNOME (or especially
> KDE) environment, or those who own Athlons or other hardware the kernel
> provides, etc, etc.
>
> It seems that the number of those to whom slink is useful outweighs the
> number of those to whom it isn't.

I disagree! (surprise ;) I personally know of about ~4 people who were
turned away from slink because GNOME and KDE were so OLD. I personally
got around this by running potato (unstable then), but most people don't
WANT to run unstable! IMO to be the greatest use to the users the
release cycle should be about every ~6 months. If it can't be done then
there needs to be more maintainers/devlopers so it can.

Again, all JMO.

Ron