Re: nasty slink -> potato upgrade problem

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, [iso-8859-1] Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

> > > Trouble ahead?
> > Please run "apt-get install apt" before doing the dist-upgrade. Old apt
> > don't manage well the perl transition. This will be documented in the
> > Release Notes.
>
>  Why don't we make the new perls conflict the old apt?

Augh, no don't do that!

Upgrading APT will have to be in the release notes, you *HAVE* to run

'apt-get install apt'

For alot of reasons, more than just perl, and you have to be running the
new APT before you start going and installing other things for it to be of
any value (ie depends are pointless)

Jason