Re: netstd split results in loss of functionality

On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 01:13:54AM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 01:09:26AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >
> > Why doesn't netstd depend: on all the packages it previously included?
> > When upgrading to potato, tftpd functionality is lost because the new
> > netstd only suggests it. And the parameters to tftpd have changed
> > and the new package does not update the inetd entry.
>
> The reason is that the old netstd did not enable tftpd by default, while the
> new tftpd package always enables tftpd.

Hmmm. I see what you are trying to achieve. I can't think of a better
solution at the moment, but there is a real loss of functionality there
if tftpd was in use previously.

Perhaps a warning in the postinst if the suggested services are found to
be enabled in inetd.conf?

Hamish