Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 10, 2000

In article <20000310031504.A21647@debian.org> you wrote:
> Bug stamp-out list for Mar 10 03:04 (CST)

> Package: dump (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
>   59935  dump: dump segfaults

A number of bugs have been fixed since the 0.4b12 snapshot that's in potato
now.  I agree with the submitter of this bug that a fresher snapshot should
be released with potato.  I am building 0.4b16, and if it tests cleanly, I'll
upload it for potato before the end of the weekend... should close 8-10 open
bugs total.

> Package: makedev (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
>   59502  raw ftape devices wrong

I have reviewed Documentation/devices.txt from kernel version 2.3.51, and it
still agrees with makedev on the naming of these devices.  Further, the naming
there seems completely self-consistent.  Since I consider the kernel
devices.txt file authoritative, and see no evidence that this is a typo, I
am going to reassign this bug to ftape, and assume that the ftape maintainer
will fix the device references there as needed.

> Package: ntp (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
>   59090  slink->potato upgrade (probably) delete config file

This is the problem with the xntp3 meta-package being created from the ntp
sources which have a lower version number than the xntp3 package had in
slink.  I have had several excellant suggestions about how to fix this, and
expect to upload a fresh set of ntp/xntp3 packages sometime this weekend
which will close this and a few other misc bugs.

Bdale