Re: Apache `srm.conf' has /usr/doc not /usr/share/doc

>  After a fresh install of `potato', I started up Netscape, and tried
>  to access <URL:http://localhost/doc/HTML>.  It doesn't work.  I had
>  to edit "/etc/apache/srm.conf" and change /usr/doc/ to /usr/share/doc
>  before I could view the manuals.

 Apache should point to /usr/doc, that's the central point where you should
be able to find all the docs.

>  I see that this bug has already been reported...  I looked at the bug
>  report and the maintainer's response.  Packages are supposed to link
>  from /usr/doc into /usr/share/doc, it says.
>
>  `dhelp' doesn't work right now.  This is grave.

 The maintainer of dhelp broke the whole /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc
transition. He choosed to ignore all packages that haven't upgrade, it's
sad but that's the way it is.