Re: Strange installation problem -- perhaps debconf?

Milan Zamazal wrote:i
>  sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
> The only place when the /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnats.* files contain
> back-quotes outside of comments is the template file for debconf.  Is it
> safe to use quotes and back-quotes in template files?  I couldn't find
> any reason why not.  All my installation scripts are written in bash.

I don't see any reason why anything in a templates file would cause this
type of problem. Debconf is written in mostly perl after all, and the shell
library does not ever get text that is part of template descriptions.

--
see shy jo