Re: Another predefined group in /etc/group: ups?

> I played with nut half a year ago, made .debs for local use, but when I
> asked (as per policy) base-passwd maintainer for ups user/group, he never
> bothered to reply.
> Asking for static IDs on deb-policy didn't help either. With the
> new-maintainer queue stuck, I just gave it up. I wish you more luck, nut
> is a fine piece of soft which deserves being included.

Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@emyr.net> and his sponsor Remi Lefebvre
(remi@debian.org) are working on packaging the nut. I hope it will be
available as soon as possible.

Luca is not in favor of additional group. He wants to use the already existent
daemon group.

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> wondered about it but does not seems to
conclude anything else.

Since Luca is the packager it will get done his way unless someone else has
something conclusive against it.
Shaul Karl		 		   shaulk@israsrv.net.il
	An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.