Re: Another predefined group in /etc/group: ups?

> I played with nut half a year ago, made .debs for local use, but when I
> asked (as per policy) base-passwd maintainer for ups user/group, he never
> bothered to reply.
>
> Asking for static IDs on deb-policy didn't help either. With the
> new-maintainer queue stuck, I just gave it up. I wish you more luck, nut
> is a fine piece of soft which deserves being included.

Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@emyr.net> and his sponsor Remi Lefebvre
(remi@debian.org) are working on packaging the nut. I hope it will be
available as soon as possible.

Luca is not in favor of additional group. He wants to use the already existent
daemon group.

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> wondered about it but does not seems to
conclude anything else.

Since Luca is the packager it will get done his way unless someone else has
something conclusive against it.
--
Shaul Karl		 		   shaulk@israsrv.net.il
	An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.