Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Joey Hess wrote:
> Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> > >   56596 ssh: ssh is uninstallable
> >
> > 	I'm still wondering what's needed to fix this, and other
> > 	debconf-related things. NMU ssh-1.2.2-1.2/1.3 will fix this,
> > 	hopefully I can make it..
>
> Ssh should do something like "db_fset ssh/do_the_upgrade isdefault true"
> before it asks the question. This is a situation where you don't want
> debconf to skip a question the user has seen.
>
> 	sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ''
>
> This bit is no debconf bug I ever remember seeing. I suspect a bug in the
> config script. You should get him to sh -x /var/lib/dpkg/info/ssh.config with
> DEBCONF_DEBUG=1 or something.

You're most correct, it's not a debconf bug.  It's a logic bug in the
config script.

It's also a bug that should be fixed.  When the same problem happened
to me, I filed a bug and a patch, bug 57782.  Three days later, when I
realized that 56596 is the same bug, I merged the two.

Cheers!
Eric

--

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?