Re: XF86_Mach64 and RAM

Hello Fabrice,

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> It may be gnomeicu fault. Check bug #58919.
> (I Think it is something related to gtk and/or gnome)

After a night of inactivity (gnomeicu didn't run), it had 58 or so MB. Now
after half a day of work, my xserver eats:

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
27778 root       0   0 68780  63M  1708 S     28M  1.6 33.4  20:47
XF86_Mach64

Since gnomeicu is not running, it must have another -or multiple- causes.

I do have Gnome panels running, so maybe it's a general Gnome problem. I
am going to kill the panels tonight and see if my X still grows like
crazy.

Best wishes,
Nils

--