Re: MAX FILES REACHED

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 10:39:49AM -0000, Ricardo Borges wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am with a problem in one of my machine that run several network services:
>
> In the production time it show a messagen that says: " Too many open files".
> After this it stop to respond TCP/IP protocol , enters in loop of inetd and
> "fly..."
>
> Do I must to change some parameters in some header (.h) files???

To change the maximum files the system overall can support, in the
kernel, echo new values into:
/proc/sys/fs/file-max and
/proc/sys/fs/inode-max

Note that inode-max should in general be at least 50% larger than
file-max, preferably twice as large.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.