Re: Somehow ipchains forwarding got enabled by default???

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 08:02:23PM +0900, Julian Stoev wrote:
> Hi!
> I just noticed some strange change in my ipchains default state.
> Right now it is:
> Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
> Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
> Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
>
> I remeber until very recently I had only input and output chains. Still
> less /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward gives 0.

These are AFAIK the kernel defaults. As long as you don't enable
forwarding with sg like echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
there's nothing to worry about.

Don't panic :)

Peter Palfrader

--
Yes means No and No means Yes. Delete all files [Y]?