Re: Priority setting

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 04:11:45PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> No. The nicelevel is static, but the priority is dynamically altered by
> the scheduler.

>From the manpage:

 Scheduling Policies
       The  scheduler  is  the  kernel  part  that  decides which
       runnable process will be executed by  the  CPU  next.  The
       Linux  scheduler  offers  three different scheduling poli­
       cies, one for  normal  processes  and  two  for  real-time
       applications.  A  static  priority value sched_priority is
       assigned to each process and this  value  can  be  changed
       only  via  system calls. Conceptually, the scheduler main­

Either I completely misunderstand this manpage or it is wrong if your right
Wichert.

Anyway, what shall I do to make sure the program gets the highest possible
priority?

Michael

Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!