Re: the console-data question again

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 02:04:24AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Dialog is broken. I have uploaded a debconf that works around the problem
> and dialog has important bugs filed about this.

When I installed the new version (out of Incoming) I got:

[11:21pm] hamish@hamishpc:~> sudo dpkg -i debconf_0.2.90_all.deb
(Reading database ... 33513 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace debconf 0.2.80.1 (using debconf_0.2.90_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement debconf ...
Setting up debconf (0.2.90) ...
debconf: failed to initialize Dialog frontend
debconf: falling back to Text frontend

Is that the workaround? Fall back to text mode? Good enough.

It's a bit surprising that dialog can be broken during a code freeze..

thanks,
Hamish