Frozen but still soft in the middle

I'm currentry installing frozen on my i386 here, and encountered a few
problems..

First of all, the texts on the installation is sometimes wider than the
ascii-window, so that the last bit gets cut off, for example:
"Important information about the installed MBR
The master boot record that was just
    <Continue>"
..is quite confusing for most..

My system hang a few times so I had to reset hard.. Once with testing the
wrong module for network cards.  I think I waited for 5 minutes before
giving up.  Once while making a boot-floppy; same here.  And the times I had
started from win98 with install-script, the reboot stopped after unmounting,
and still complained about "not cleanly unmounted" in next boot.  These
COULD be because of a hardware error in my computer; but I'm not sure..

I'm on dhcp here, so I chose that in the installation.  When booting up the
ip's for eth0 was all wrong, so i brought it down "ifconfig eth0 down" and
tried "ifup eth0", but that brought me:
Unknown command dhcpcd-sv  (or something like that)

Since I had chosen dhcp (I guess that's the reason) I didn't get any
resolv.conf file, and wihtout man-pages it was hard writing my own (I had
forgot about the keyword "nameserver").  Strangely, I hadn't gotten any
directory /etc/hdcp either, so I had no resolv.conf at all, not even a
faulty one.

When finally getting the network up manually, I chose to apt from ftp-site
here in Sweden.  But the one I chose doesn't have the archive in /debian/,
which this script assumed, so that didn't work either! (well, so I just
chose a different mirror).

That's so far I gotten now..
I used the disks of today's frozen, I think it was dated 2000-02-07, and
booted with the install-scipt.

Regards, EOF