Re: mandb wrapper scripts

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 01:15:15AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 10:40:17PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > because we have native tools to manage authentification (setauth, rmauth,
>
> Is there a reason people use the imaginary word "authentification" rather
> than the real word "authentication"?
>
> Just curious; I encounter it even in documentation that really should know
> better.

/me guesses:

In Spanish (and surely in many other latin languages), authentication is
"Autentificación", so the rude translation is authentification ;)

Jordi

      /   Rediscovering Freedom, Using Debian GNU/Linux    \
     |   Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es   |
     |    Oskuro in RL-MUD   || jordi@sindominio.net        |
     |               http://sindominio.net                  |
     \           telnet pusa.informat.uv.es 23              /