Re: Need volunteer for RC bug reminders

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 09:44:53PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> I'm looking for someone who will send mail to the maintainers of packages
> with release-critical bugs, and collect and record the replies.  I haven't
> had time to do this myself since the real freeze began.

I will finish my exams on friday and I expect to have a good amount of free
time in the following weeks.

> If you volunteer, I'll explain how the bugscan system works and what
> kind of mails I have in mind.  Expect to spend several hours a day
> on this at first, and about an hour a day once you get used to it.

I'd like to help on this, but...

> You'll have to be a Debian developer, since the task involves access
> to the bugscan comments file, which resides on master.

... I'm not a developer, so I'll have to sit and watch once more. Anyway, my
free time will be there still, and I'm willing to give some of it to Debian
in the next weeks.Although I won't be able to contribute to this, I'm open
to any other task that's available to non-developers[-yet].

Thank you,

Jordi