Re: /usr/local and gs again

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:

> todays update included a new gs again, version 5.10-9
>
> on install i saw this:
>
> Setting up gs (5.10-9) ...
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/lib/ghostscript': Read-only file system
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/lib/ghostscript': Read-only file system
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/lib/ghostscript': Read-only file system
>
> is it or is it not supposed to be creating these directories in
> /usr/local?

It is supposed to create those directories if it can.
It is supposed not to fail if for whatever reason it can't (like it
happened in your case).

Hence the "|| true" thing after the mkdir -p in the postinst.

However, I think it is also supposed not to be so verbose in case it
fails. Note to Torsten: a simple 2> /dev/null would make this to be quiet.

Thanks.

--
 "65cce3ff4310b3e08ffd415d0473c8bc" (a truly random sig)